Current Position: Systems Administrator I
A highly competent and organized systems administrator with experience of software procurement, installation, administration & compatibility. Possessing a proven ability to assist with the day-to-day running of an IT department and its IT systems.
Extensive knowledge of monitoring and controlling data security within guidelines to ensure compliance and report on possible improvements.
ISO Champion of the Division (Office of the Registrar (ASA))
2017 – Date System Administrator I – Machakos University
2012 – 2016 Graduate Assistant – Machakos University College
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems.
- Internal Auditor
- Problem-solving skills.
- A technical mind.
- An organized mind.
- Good communication skills
- Computer Systems JKUAT – On Going
- Specialized programme on Design, Development & implementation of E-learning Courses – C-DAC,NOIDA (India)
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology – KCA University
- Diploma in Information Technology – Machakos Technical Training Institute
- A Novel Approach for Combating Cyber Security Issues in Cloud Based E-Learning in Kenyan Universities. Publication; DOI: 10.21275/ART20172560 by Judith Chepkemoi Boit, and Watson Musyoki Kanuku (2017) Volume 6 Issue 4, April 2017.
- A Stage Model for Cloud Computing Adoption in E-Government Implementation. Publication; DOI:21275/ART20172399, Watson M. Kanuku, and Judith Boit, Volume 6 Issue 4, April 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the creation of information backups within system on regular basis for use in recovery in case of any future breakdown.
- Offer regular advice on necessary improvement to the system so as to better enhance its functioning and consequently the University’s operations.
- Help users to connect easily with the system and provide essential guidance.
- Management of students profiles.
- Opening and closing of student’s accounts.
- Changing of student’s stay status.
- Checking and printing of student’s fees statements.
- Printing of students’ academic performance – results slips.
- Maintenance of cohorts (Opening and closing of student’s cohorts).
- Printing of student’s provisional and final transcripts.
- Maintenance of system (correction of Historical Issues)
- Issuance of academic certificates
- Any other duty assigned by my immediate supervisor.